Each year, AOTF selects a topic to explore and invites respected researchers to summarize scientifically validated evidence that guides best practice and identify gaps in the evidence and research priorities that must be addressed to support future practice. This integrated review of the state of the science includes a discussion of the implications for practice, education, research, and policy.
- 2021 Intersections of Occupation and Self-Management of Chronic Conditions. Moderator: Mary C. Lawlor, ScD, OTR/L, FAOTA, University of Southern California; Speakers: Kathleen D. Lyons, ScD, OTR/L, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center; Janet L. Poole, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, University of New Mexico; Beth Pyatak, PhD, OTR/L, CDE, University of Southern California; Alix Sleight, PhD, OTD, OTR/L, Cedars-Sinai Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute; Kristine Carandang, PhD, OTR/L, Child and Adolescent Services Research Center
- 2019 Caregiving and Family Matters: OT Conributions to Enhancing Health, Quality of LIfe, and Participation. Mary C. Lawlor, ScD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Carol Haywood, PhD, OTR/L, Linda Tickle-Degnen, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Megan E. Gately, OTD, OTR/L, Jill Cameron, PhD, Kristina Kokorelias, MSc.
- 2018 Functional Cognition: The OT Lens on Occupational Performance. M. Carolyn Baum, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Deirdre R. Dawson, PhD, OTR Reg. (Ont.), Robin Newman, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, CDRS, Juleen Rodakowski, OTD, MS, OTR/L, Timothy J. Wolf, OTD, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA.
- 2017 Resilience: Occupational Therapy and its Role in Helping to Adapt to Adversity. Mark Salzer, PhD, Janet Falk-Kessler, EdD, OTR, FAOTA, Valerie Malhomes, PhD, Kristie Patten Koenig, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA.
- 2016 25th Anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act. Joy Hammel, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Diane Smith, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA with Robin Jones, MPA, COTA/L, ROH and Elliot Roth, MD.
- 2015 Sensory factors and their impact on daily life across the lifespan. Leanne Carey, BAppSc(OT), PhD, Winifred Dunn, PhD, OTR, FAOTA with Grace Baranek, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA and Scott Frey, PhD.