In addition to the lifelong honor and privilege of being elected to a nationally accredited professional honor society, members in good standing are eligible to:
- Apply for exclusive scholarships and awards including the Mary J. Bridle First Research Award, Martha Kirkland Scholarship, the President's Award, and the Award for Excellence in Interchapter Collaboration.
- Attend the PTE Annual Business Meeting with special presentations by guest speakers in occupational therapy.
- Network with past and present OT members at the PTE reception, Annual Business Meeting, and Speed Mentoring Session at the AOTA Annual Conference.
- Receive a one-year subscription to OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health. and name printed in OTJR's annual list of inductees.
- PTE members seeking federal employment may be eligible for a GS level upgrade according to the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's General Schedule Qualification Policies. Section 4 reviews the Educational and Training Provisions or Requirements necessary to be eligible for the upgrade. Some of the provisions and requirements are based on class standing, grade point average or honor society membership, and may mean a higher level of pay. Keep in mind this is not a PTE managed benefit -- it is federal policy. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Human Resources department associated with the position being applied for.
- Special benefit for Lifetime Members: Complimentary online CEU courses through OccupationalTherapy.com.This benefit begins when member completes their OT program.
- Wear an honor cord at graduation to signify membership in an elected honor society.
- Receive a personalized PTE Certificate for member induction ceremony and a membership card.
- Wear the official PTE membership pin on professional apparel. These can be purchased at the AOTF marketplace.
- Receive the official newsletter, the Scroll and Pen.
- Serve as an elected chapter or national officer.
PTE students from Spalding University's Beta Rho chapter at the 2015 PTE Alumni Reception during the AOTA Annual Conference.