Nominations for 2019 are now closed.
Membership in the Academy is limited to those individuals who have made distinguished and exemplary contributions through research to the advancement of knowledge in occupational therapy. An applicant’s contributions through research will be evaluated in terms of their type, focus, impact and quality, grant funding, mentoring, research publications and presentations, and the applicant's status as a nationally and internationally recognized investigator.
Nominations must include:
(1) a cover letter, written by an Academy of Research member who serves as the sponsor for the nomination, indicating the nominee’s major research contribution(s);
(2) two additional letters of support from people who can attest to and outline the nominee's contributions as a scholar;
(3) a current curriculum vitae of the nominee that details research grants, complete citations (including PMCID) for publications and information on people mentored in research;
(4) three to five representative research publications from peer-reviewed journals of the nominee in pdf form;
(5) a paragraph (in lay language of 150 words or less) describing the nominee’s research to be used in AOTF and AOTA publications; and
(6) a hi-resolution photograph of candidate (300 dpi or greater jpg).
Please send the nomination package using any attachments as necessary, to email@example.com and use Academy of Research Nomination in subject line by September 1, 2018.
Questions? Contact Helene Ross.