AOTF lists these government and non-government links as a service to the occupational therapy community. This list is not meant to be all inclusive; updates and additional resources are welcomed and should be sent to email@example.com.
All federal government agency/department grants can be found on : https://www.grants.gov/
Agencies/departments that also list grant funding opportunities on their own websites:
- Administration on Aging (AOA)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Dept of Education (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Dept of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR)
- National Science Foundation
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) PCORI funds studies that can help patients and those who care for them make better-informed healthcare choices in addition to healthcare delivery and disparities research.
- Disability and Rehabilitation Research Program (DRRP) This program funds knowledge translation, building capacity for minority research entities, individual research projects, and other work.
- Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center Program (RERC) This program funds advanced engineering research and development of innovative technologies to solve rehabilitation problems or remove environmental barriers for people with disabilities.
- Switzer Research Fellowship Program This program provides grants for individuals to perform research on rehabilitation, independent living, and other experiences of people with disabilities.
- Field-Initiated Projects Program Rehabilitation Research (FIP) This program is investigator-initiated research with projects to generate new knowledge.
- Model Systems Program This program provides coordinated systems of rehabilitation care and conducts research on recovery and long-term outcomes for spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, and burn injury.
- Advanced Rehabilitation Research and Training Program (ARRT) This program increases capacity for high-quality disability and rehabilitation research by supporting grants to institutions to provide advanced research training to individuals with doctorates or similar advanced degrees.
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Center Program (RRTC) This program conducts advanced research, training, and information sharing on topic areas for improving rehabilitation methodology and service delivery systems; improving health and function; and promoting employment, independent living, family support and economic and social self-sufficiency for people with disabilities.
- Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) This program supports development of new ideas and projects useful to people with disabilities through grants to small business firms with strong research capabilities in science, engineering, or educational technology.
- Americans with Disabilities Act National Network This program funds 10 regional centers for providing information, training, and technical assistance to individuals, businesses, and agencies with rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)