Follow on Twitter
OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health (OTJR), a leading research journal in occupational therapy published by AOTF, reflects the Foundation's commitment to advancing the profession through scientific inquiry. OTJR fosters interdisciplinary dialogue with contributions from disciplines such as psychology, neuroscience, economics, anthropology, sociology, geography, rehabilitation science, nursing, and social work. OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health is indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed.
OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health is pleased to announce our 2021 Impact Factor is 1.632. OTJR has steadily raised its impact factor from 2016 - 0.795, 2017 - 1.000, 2018 - 1.234, 2019 - 1.220 and 2020 - 1.768. The Journal Impact Factor is calculated by adding the citations in 2021 from articles published in 2019 (66 citations) and citations in 2020 (45 citations) and dividing that total (111 citations) by the sum of the numbers of citable items (68) in 2019 (29) and 2020 (39). The 5-year Impact Factor is 2.211. OTJR is ranked 51/73 in the “Rehabilitation (SSCI)” category. Note: With the 2020 Impact Factor, Clarivate has introduced Early Access content in Journal Citation Reports to more accurately reflect the dynamic citation environment of rapid online publication, phasing in further changes over three years. The 2021 CiteScore is 2.200, placing OTJR 4th out of 18 occupational therapy journals.
For access to articles published since 2002, to purchase complete issues of OTJR, or to access soon-to-be published articles please visit: https://journals.sagepub.com/home/otj
Since January 2020, OTJR has moved to online-only for individual subscribers to the journal, such as American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and Pi Theta Epsilon (PTE) members. The main benefits of moving subscribers to receiving the journal online only: Cost-savings to the subscriber, reduction in the number of trees cut down, manufacturing chemicals, water, and energy used to produce and ship. Access will not change; how readers read content will be consistent as in past years with our publisher SAGE.
Submit Your Paper to OTJR
OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health will accept quantitative and qualitative research articles and systematic review papers that advance knowledge of occupation, and/or will lead to improving the lives of people at risk of being restricted from participating in activities and roles that have meaning to them. OTJR publishes data-driven research, meaning findings with or without statistical significance.
The following topics should guide authors seeking to publish in the journal:
- the relationship of occupation to health, well-being and or quality of life
- occupational development in all ages of the life-span i.e., the occupation of children, the importance of occupation in maintaining health in aging
- the influence of body systems or body function on occupational performance and or social participation
- the impact of life-style redesign or occupational choice on health and participation
- the effectiveness of occupation-based interventions
- the influence of the social, built, or natural environments on occupational performance or occupation (or vice versa)
- the impact of culture on occupation
- how human perceptions and or behavior, i.e. meaning, habits, roles, ritual, attitudes, feelings, influence occupation or occupational performance
- the psychometric properties of measures of occupation or occupational performance
- the impact or relationship of social policies and attitudes on occupation
- interventions that influence health, well-being, and or quality of life
- other topics that will lead to improving the lives of people as they seek to fully participate in family, work, community and society.
Authors have the option to publish Open Access in OTJR via our SAGE Choice program. Learn more about costs and possible discounts or waivers through your institution.
For questions concerning the submission and review process to OTJR: Occupation, Participation and Health, please contact the journal editor: Timothy J. Wolf, OTD, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Advertising and Reprints: Current advertising rates and specifications may be obtained by contacting the advertising coordinator in the Thousand Oaks office at (805) 410-7772 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. To order reprints, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptance of advertising in this journal in no way implies endorsement of the advertised product or service by SAGE, the journal’s affiliated society(ies), or the journal editor(s). No endorsement is intended or implied. SAGE reserves the right to reject any advertising it deems as inappropriate for this journal.