Nov. 30 is #GivingTuesday @AOTFoundation
Let's Build Evidence Together To Improve Practice & Health!
#GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people to transform their communities.
THANK YOU for your support of OT Research on #GivingTuesday! We raised $12,500!
- 4 states, Minnesota, Illinois, Arizona and Wisconsin, will receive an extra $500 for their 2022 State OT Scholarships thx to our sponsor EBS Healthcare/The Stepping Stones Group.
- We earned an extra $2,000 thanks to our sponsor Anthem Inc. who matched the first donations.
- The top 3 St. Catherine Challenge participating schools who received the most donations were Alvernia University, St. Catherine University and The Ohio State University.
As a standalone non-profit we couldn't build evidence without you!
We believe that occupational therapists should have the best and most current evidence available so they can deliver the highest quality care to their clients. Will you join us to build new evidence for occupational therapy?
Every day the demand for OT evidence rises. Thanks to a community of philanthropic donors AOTF is able to support new OT research to generate evidence in need. More evidence means better quality of care, reduced costs, and increased efficacy. In addition to the dozens of specialty areas in which OTs work, there is now a need for OT to build evidence for COVID-19, address social injustices and support underserved populations so they can receive equitable and accessible health care service.
The only way AOTF can continue to make investments into the future of OT is with your help. Please make a gift to support essential OT grants, scholarships and research programs.
"OTs face a number of challenges and having the best evidence for practice is paramount to improve the delivery of care. Please join me in giving to AOTF this Giving Tuesday so together we can improve lives and be sure that all persons can participate fully."
- Roseann C. Schaaf, PhD., OTR/L, FAOTA, Director, Jefferson Autism Center of Excellence, Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy Jefferson College Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University
Priority Funds for #GivingTuesday2021:
- Intervention Research Grants- This seed-funding fills a critical gap in early-stage OT research and helps OT researchers build proof of concept and publish initial findings.
- Dr. Gary Kielhofner Doctoral Student Scholarship- Honors the life and legacy of one of the most influential and transformational figures in occupational therapy by providing financial aid to an Occupational Therapist enrolled in a doctoral degree program.
- Scholarships- Help future occupational therapists obtain their degree and lower the burden of student debt. AOTF has over 50 scholarships including two-dozen state specific scholarships.
Your GivingTuesday Gift can also be used to support your school in the St. Catherine Challenge! Just select the in dropdown and include your school’s name in the comment box.
Match Contests to Make Your Contribution Go Further Thanks to Our Sponsors:
- UNLOCK THE MATCH!
Anthem Inc will match the first $1,000 raised with their own gift of $1,000 and then will match the second $1,000 raised with a second gift of $1,000. Please make a gift to help us unlock this matching gift!
- SCHOLARSHIP BOOST!
Win $500 for the scholarship of your state! The 4 states with the greatest number of donors will receive an extra $500 for their 2022 scholarship thanks to EBS Healthcare/Stepping Stone Group.
Anthem is a leading health benefits company dedicated to improving lives and communities, and making healthcare simpler. Through its affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 106 million people, including more than 42 million within its family of health plans. We aim to be the most innovative, valuable and inclusive partner. We do so by supporting all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability. Our goal is to foster healthy, inclusive communities through addressing drivers of health and reducing health disparities so people have the opportunity to live their best lives. For more information, please visit www.antheminc.com or follow @AnthemInc on Twitter
EBS Healthcare, now part of The Stepping Stone Group, is a premier national provider of therapeutic, behavioral autism, nursing and education services to children in school, home and community settings. Our mission is to make a difference, every day, in the lives with touch. As part of our commitment to quality care is a commitment to support the future of occupational therapy which is why we are proud to support OT scholarships with AOTF.
Share on social media:
Help us Spread the Word- Take a
Why I Support #OTResearch #Unselfie and tag AOTF.