The following events occur on an annual basis as directed by the national office. Individual chapters are encouraged to host additional events in alignment with the PTE mission for their current and alumni members.
PTE national officers at the 2014 AOTA/NBCOT National Student Conclave.
AOTA/NBCOT National Student Conclave in Atlantic City, NJ. PTE events formerly held at the Conclave will now be held at the AOTA Annual Conference in April 2019.
January 31, 2019
Deadline for the PTE Poster Session Call for Posters, nominations for the the President's Award and the PTE Award for Excellence in Interchapter Collaboration.
Call for Posters: A Special Opportunity for PTE members.
PTE is sponsoring a poster session at the 2019 AOTA Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana on April 3-7, 2019. Be part of this poster session by submitting an abstract to present your research, academy literature review, program development, other scholarly work in occupational therapy.
All PTE members in good standing (active with annual dues paid, or a lifetime member) are eligible to submit. Modeled after the AOTA submission process, you will gain experience preparing an abstract for prevention at a professional conference and receive feedback regarding your submission. A limited number of posters will be selected for presentation.
Submissions must include:
- Title: No more than 150 character, including spaces.
- Authors: List all authors involved; presenting author must be a PTE member.
- Learning objective(s): Maximum of two learning objectives.
- Abstract: No more than 1,500 characters, including spaces. Include references.
- Abstract synopsis: No more than 350 characters, including spaces.
Each submission will be reviewed with focus on the following criteria:
- Topic is timely.
- Topic demonstrates relevance to occupation-based practice or occupational therapy.
- Topic demonstratives relevance to occupation-based practice or occupational therapy.
- Topic demonstrates consistency with available literature and evidence.
- There is a clear, reflective component identified.
- Learning objectives are appropriate and clearly stated.
- Reference are current and relevant.
- Proposal is coherent.
Send your submission to email@example.com. Submissions must be received by 12 a.m. midnight (Pacific Time) Thursday, January 31, 2019. All submissions will receive written feedback of their proposal. Those selected for presentation will be notified by February 21, 2019 and requested to accept/decline the invitation to present by February 28, 2019.
Please contact the PTE national office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (240) 292-1077 with any questions.
April 4-7, 2019
AOTA Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Watch for dates and information on the PTE Poster Session, Faculty Advisors' Meeting, Alumni Reception, and the Annual Business Meeting. Chapters are encouraged to have a delegate present to vote on amendments and learn about current and ongoing PTE initiatives.
Spalding University's Beta Rho members at the the 2015 AOTA Conference in Nashville.