Please read these instructions before completing your scholarship application.
- The AOTF Scholarship Application consists of three parts:
- The Application, to be completed by the student on-line through the AOTF website.
- Two references. You will be asked to provide us with the name and email addresses of your two references.
- A statement from your Program Director that will also be completed online. AOTF will be requesting a statement directly from the Program Director where applicants are enrolled. All information is treated as strictly confidential.
- Complete, save, and submit all answers to the online application by October 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.
- AOTF recommends that you advise references that they will be receiving an e-mail from "email@example.com" with instructions on how to submit a confidential reference online. Please advise them that the reference forms must be completed and submitted by December 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time. (Note: We recommend that you follow-up with your references to confirm that they have completed the online forms. Applicants are ineligible if references are not received.) The Foundation assumes no responsibility for incomplete applications resulting from missing references.
BASIC INFORMATION REQUIRED
PROGRAM DIRECTOR'S STATEMENT - The Occupational Therapy Program Director at your school must complete the Program Director's statement. When we receive your application, AOTF will request a statement from the Occupational Therapy Program Director at your school. The Program Director may NOT complete the "Reference / Recommendation form." Program Directors must complete the "Program Director's Statement." Applications not containing a Program Director's Statement will be disqualified. Completed Program Director Statements are due December 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.
REFERENCES (2 required) - One Confidential Reference Form should be completed by a current faculty member or faculty advisor and the other by someone of your choice from the following categories: Former teacher, school official, employer, or other person who knows you well enough to assess your character, work experience, academic ability, community/service skills, leadership qualities and your ability to successfully complete the proposed educational program as it relates to occupational therapy. Applications not containing two (2) references will be disqualified. References must be submitted online. If exceptional difficulties are experienced by references in the online submission process, please contact Jeanne Cooper, Scholarship Program Coordinator at JCooper@aotf.org or 240-292-1034. Completed Reference forms are due December 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.
ESSAY - The essay provides an opportunity for the Scholarship Selection Committee to assess an applicant's personal and professional attributes and is an important part of the application - please complete it carefully and thoughtfully.
SIGNATURE - In lieu of a signature, by agreeing to the terms and conditions prior to submitting your application, you are certifying that your application information is true and correct, and you are giving AOTF permission to obtain a Program Director's Statement and to contact the two (2) individuals named for references. This signature also authorizes AOTF to announce publicly the names and programs of successful applicants and to contact recipients for information that can be used to promote the scholarship program.
Applications must be completed online and SUBMITTED by October 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time. No changes will be permitted to online applications once they have been submitted. Please review your application carefully prior to that time to ensure that all answers are true and up-to-date and then click the SUBMIT button.
Applicants will be notified of the AOTF Scholarship Selection Committee's decisions by April 2016. Award funds may be used immediately upon receipt.
Applicants are considered for all scholarships for which they qualify, but may receive only one scholarship per year. Applications must be completed and submitted online by October 29, 2015. References and Program Director statements will be collected online. References and Program Director Statements must be completed and submitted by December 9, 2015. Successful applicants will be notified by April 2016.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST:
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- For post-baccalaureate scholarships, this must be the first degree in occupational therapy.
- Have a sustained record of outstanding scholastic achievement.
- Supply application data including: Two references and a Program Director's Statement.
- Applicants for post-baccalaureate scholarships must be enrolled at the professional level (Master's or OTD) in an accredited or developing occupational therapy educational program and have completed one(1) full-year of occupational therapy specific coursework.
- Applicants for occupational therapy assistant scholarships must be full-time students currently enrolled in the final year of an accredited or developing occupational therapy assistant educational program.