Established in the spring of 2007 and active until 2012, the AOTA/AOTF Research Advisory Panel advised the AOTA and AOTF boards of directors in several matters, including the translation of research to education and practice, and the review of the research agenda of the profession and its alignment with national research priorities and emerging social and technology issues. The panel also fostered critical analyses of issues related to the delivery of services, evolution of theories, and the overall body of knowledge relevant to occupational therapy.
In October, 2009, the Boards of AOTF and AOTA approved the Research Advisory Panel's Report outlining a Research Agenda for the profession of occupational therapy. You can download the document here.
As of 2015, the AOTF Scientific Advisory Council now has the advisory role to the AOTF.
Members of the Research Advisory Panel included the following individuals appointed by the AOTA and AOTF presidents for terms beginning in 2010:
- Shelly J. Lane, PhD, OTR, FAOTA (chair)
- M. Carolyn Baum, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Grace Baranek, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Wendy Coster, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Joyce Engel, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Major Sarah B. Goldman, PhD, OTR/L, CHT
- Joy M. Hammel, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Mary C. Lawlor, ScD, OTR/L
- Trudy R. Mallinson, PhD, OTR/L, NZROT
- Kenneth J. Ottenbacher, PhD, OTR, FAOTA
- Mary Lynn Schneider, PhD, OTR
- Linda Tickle-Degnen, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Laura K. Vogtle, PhD, OTR/L, ATP