Mary J. Bridle First Research Award
is sponsored by Pi Theta Epsilon to encourage students to become actively involved in OT research. $250 is awarded annually. Applicants must submit research manuscript to the National Coordinator
by October 1 each year.
Complete application instructions are available here.
For eligibility the applicant(s) research manuscript must meet the following criteria:
- Be the first research study in that individual’s/team’s OT career
- Be initiated while the individual/team is still considered a student(s) and submitted within 3 years of graduation
- Individual/team is the senior author or principal investigator on the study
- No previous refereed publication or professional presentation of the study may have been done
The research shall:
- Add to the body of knowledge and contain components of authentic OT
- Clearly demonstrate significance to the field of OT
- Have logical development of rationale for the study, and for the specific question
- Be methodologically correct
- Be clearly written, and in a publishable format